“Timid thoughts, do not be afraid of me.
I am a poet.”
— Rabindranath Tagore
Why don’t we just allow Tagore’s energy to vibrate across the chasm of time / distance / energy / language / intention and bask in the miracle and magic of poetic transmissions from beyond?
I’ve been meaning to recommend watching (or re-watching) Dead Poet’s Society, but kept forgetting. Until now.
Today’s Journal Prompts
Make up your own mantra, using Tagore’s quote as a template. Brainstorm ideas in each of the four areas, then mix and match until you find a combo that delights you.
1. Choose an adjective (timid, boring, fearful, lazy, judgmental, critical, hazy, happy, elated, angry, sad, violent, stormy, beautiful, serene….)
2. (Your adjective here) + the word: thoughts / feelings / ideas / plans
3. Do / do not be (circle one) + (a feeling word, like: afraid, intimidated, confused, surprised, thrilled, amazed, frustrated, delighted)
4. I am + (choose your preferred or cosmic job description: poet, artist, goddess, healer, author, magician…)
5. Finally, mix and match ideas from the above four categories and see what you get for a mantra today.
6. (Optional: Share your mantra in the comments.)
For your creative journey…
The Creative Sketchbook shows you how to create magnificent mixed-media art journals as a contemplative
The Journal Prompts in this Post Are Included in the FIRE: 30 Day Journal Project Printables
During the first journal challenge, I found that having the prompts printed out in advance helped me get right into my writing for the day.
The 30 Day Journal Project Printables are designed to make your journaling quicker, easier, and more organized.
This is my lazy writing & journaling method. It works!
Included: 30 days of prompts & quotes (plus one bonus day) with 2 different layout designs
FIRE: PRINTABLES | $18
Whether you are brand new to writing or journaling or simply want to break out of a rut in your creative practice, these printable prompts make it fast and easy to get going.
See All 30 Day Journal Printable Designs
There are four different sets of 30 Day Journal Project Printables, beautifully designed, each with a different theme.
Use the printables on your own, or with The 30 Day Journal Workshop
Come on over to my studio in Mexico (via video!) where I’ll show you how to journal with intention and focus as we create two different kinds of handmade journals. It all happens in The 30 Day Journal Project Workshop, designed for experienced and brand new journalers alike!