“Timid thoughts, do not be afraid of me.
I am a poet.”
— Rabindranath Tagore
Why don’t we just allow Tagore’s energy to vibrate across the chasm of time / distance / energy / language / intention and bask in the miracle and magic of poetic transmissions from beyond?
I’ve been meaning to recommend watching (or re-watching) Dead Poet’s Society, but kept forgetting. Until now.
Today’s Journal Prompts
Make up your own mantra, using Tagore’s quote as a template. Brainstorm ideas in each of the four areas, then mix and match until you find a combo that delights you.
1. Choose an adjective (timid, boring, fearful, lazy, judgmental, critical, hazy, happy, elated, angry, sad, violent, stormy, beautiful, serene….)
2. (Your adjective here) + the word: thoughts / feelings / ideas / plans
3. Do / do not be (circle one) + (a feeling word, like: afraid, intimidated, confused, surprised, thrilled, amazed, frustrated, delighted)
4. I am + (choose your preferred or cosmic job description: poet, artist, goddess, healer, author, magician…)
5. Finally, mix and match ideas from the above four categories and see what you get for a mantra today.
6. (Optional: Share your mantra in the comments.)
For your creative journey…
Dreaming on Paper: The Creative Sketchbook shows you how to create magnificent mixed-media art journals as a contemplative practice. It’s the foundational course required for more in-depth study and the facilitator training.
No experience in art or writing is necessary to attend any of my workshops. Absolute beginners are welcome! I’d be honored to be your creative journey guide.
This post is part of the 30 Day Journal Project.
Get all the prompts and posts delivered to you by email, by signing up here.
Our theme for this series is: FIRE.
Creative journaling is my number one tool as an artist and creative entrepreneur. I designed this project to help you discover the magic that happens when you journal for 30 days.
30 days of prompts and ideas to inspire, motivate, and en-Courage you, with creative community to support you. That’s my intention.
Your Writing Made Easier
During the first 30 Day Journal Project, I found that having the prompts printed out in advance helped me get right into my writing for the day.
This is my lazy writing & journaling method. It works!
Get ALL 30 days of prompts & quotes (plus one bonus day) with 2 different layout designs
FIRE: PRINTABLES | $12
My goal with this project is to help you discover the power and magic of regular creative journaling.
Whether you are brand new to writing or journaling or simply want to break out of a rut in your creative practice, these printable prompts make it fast and easy to get going.